Here are some important home remedies for Indigestion. Indigestion, dyspepsia and biliousness are usually bought on by overeating, and cause acute discomfort in the throat, chest and abdomen.
There is a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen; that the undigested food is still in stomach.
This is accompanied by loss of appetite, nausea, regurgitation of sour fluids from the stomach, flatulence, and excessive salivation.
Irregular eating hours, eating too much and eating too fast after having missed a meal, or just eating for want of anything better to do- the food being rich, spicy, oily, or junk food- causes these problems.
1) Grind the dried rind/peel of pomegranate and store in a dry bottle. Have half a teaspoon thrice a day or after meals.
2) One spoon-cumin powder, Quarter spoon- dry ginger powder, Mix it in 1/3 glass of water.Take this three times a day.Also take this if you feel that your stomach is not clear after going too loo.
3) Sipping hot water relieves the feeling of fullness and Indigestion.
4) A herbal tea made with a teaspoon of pounded fenugreek seeds in a cup of water allays biliousness.
5) Do not eat fruit just after or before meals.
6) Half a cup of fresh pineapple or pomegranate juice is a good digestive and is a good home remedy.
7) Aniseed crushed one teaspoon, Boiling water one cup, Pour the boiling water over the crushed seeds and let the tea steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Strain and drink cold. Dosage 1 to 2 cups a day.
8) Cardamom seeds powdered 11 gms, Coriander seeds powdered 60 gms, Water-3 cups. Combile all the ingredients and cover the pan and bring it to simmer till the water is reduced to half a cup, Strain before drinking. Adult 3 to 4 tablespoon, 3 times a day, children-3/4 tablespoon, 3times a day
9) Eat regular well-spaced meals.Eat only when you are hungry, and eat a little less than what you feel like having.