The passage of loose stools is called diarrhea. It may also be associated with vomiting, a result of infection. It can be caused by dietary indiscretion, food intolerance. Bacterial or viral infection of the gastrointestinal tract.
1) Dry ginger-quarter tea spoon One Pomegranate skin cut into pieces Put this in two glass of water; boil till it becomes a quarter glasses. Add in this one teaspoon of sugar. Fever will go down and loose motions will stop.
2) Avoid solid foods. Replace fluids and electrolytes lost by taking plenty of fluids, to avoid dehydration.
3) Grate an apple; leave it on plate to brown. Mash it and eat it slowly once a day.
4) Make a paste of one teaspoon of each of powdered cumin seeds, cinnamon and dry ginger with honey. Dissolve a teaspoon in a cup of warm water and have it thrice a day.
5) Take equal quantities of dry ginger powder and fennel powder. A teaspoon of this mixed with tea or made in herbal tea flavored with honey to taste. A cupful 3 or 4 times a day is very effective.
6) Mash a tender ,just ready to eat banana(not over ripe)and have with a cup of milk twice a day. Its useful in diarrhea and dysentery.
7) Fresh mint juice- a tablespoon, with few drops of fresh lime juice and honey is a good digestive and also soothing. This can be taken 2 to 3 times a day.
8) Carrot soup: boil and mash half a kilo of peeled cubed carrots. Take a tablespoon of this pulp, mix it with half a cup of water, and a little rock salt to taste and have it 4 to 6 times a day. This does not harm at all and can b taken more often if desired. It prevents putrefaction of intestine and helps healing process.
9) Black pepper seed crushed 5 numbers, Water- one cup of water. Boil the seeds in water for 15 minutes in a covered container. Remove from the heat and strain. Dosage 1/2teaspoon a day.
Dysentery is a disorder of large intestine is caused by pathogenic organisms.
Causes and Symptoms- In dysentery there is not much diarrhea mostly mucous and blood with the ulceration in large intestine, accounts for this constant irritability of the colon.The urge to pass stools is preceded by pain and with the slight amount of stools and slough of ulcers pass mucous and blood.
Natural Home Remedies-
1) At the start of the problem if a herbal decoction is made with two tablespoon of dried coriander seed and can be taken with plain water or buttermilk, the intestinal lining is soothed and the quantity of mucous in the stool decreases.
2) Fresh lemon juice,have the juice of two lemon added to a glass of water with rock salt and sugar to taste 3 to 4 times a day.
3) Take a tablespoon of dried orange peel`crushed and ground to powder.Add a tablespoon of large black raisin seeds.The fruit part of raisin has a laxative nature whereas the seeds are not. Powdered the seeds and add it to the crushed powdered dried orange peel. Take a tablespoon of it 2 times a day.