In Constipation there are infrequent irregular or difficult bowel movement which result in the bowel not being emptied of the waste products of digestion.
1. Eat lot of raw salads & green vegetables, drink plenty of water but not immediately before or after a meal.
2. Drink a glass of warm water with a spoonful of honey every night before going to sleep. (This may not be good for those who have week bladder)
3. Have glass of warm water with fresh lime in the morning
4. Eat half a cupful of the pulp of a ripe bael fruit and a teaspoon of jaggery every day in the evening before dinner for chronic constipation have this regularly for four to six weeks.
5. Cummins & curry leaf chutney with rice take a handful of dry curry leaves add a teaspoon each of cumin seeds black pepper and dried ginger power and mix them well. Sprinkle it on a half or ¾ of cupful of hot ghee. Add salt to taste mix and pour on well cooked soft boiled rice. This is extremely tasty and nourishing and clears the bowels.
6. Dry figs & almonds are also effective for treating chronic constipation. Soak 2-3 dried figs & almond for couple of hours stone the find, remove the skin of almonds mash them together and have them with honey twice a day.
7. A teaspoon of castor oil thing on Saturday night ensure a regular bowel motion throughout the week. If it is too unpalatable, have it with half a cup of orange juice or milk.
8. Chebulic myrobalan (Harad) or Terminalia chebula fruits crushed 6 numbers,add in that Water and Cinnamon.Take 1 ¼ cup of water to prepare a dedoction by boiling the herb together with 3 grams cinnamon for 10 minutes in a covered pan. Strain & drink in the morning.Dosage ½ cup once a day.