Cough is a condition in which air is expelled with a sudden opening of the glottis-the entrance to the windpipe, associated with a characteristic sound. It is a protective reflex by which phlegm and foreign particles are expelled from the air passage.
The cough may have the origin in the inflammation of larynx, which is the organ of voice, or the pharynx, which is the cavity at the back of the mouth.
The common causes of it are the common cold, respiratory infection and the mucus in the pharynx.
1) Aniseed tea - This is very effective home remedies. To prepare aniseed tea, place the crushed seeds in a pan and pour over the boiling water. Cover the pan and allow the tea to stand for 15 minutes. Strain and drink hot. Dosage- 1 cup,2-3 times a day.
2) Eucalyptus tea - Steep 1/2 tbs of crushed eucalyptus leaves in 2/3 cup of boiling water for 20 minutes. Keep the pan covered during the steeping period, strain and drink. Dosage- 2/3 cup,3 times a day.
3) Linseed tea - Take 15 g of crushed linseed and pour 2 cup of boiling water over it, cover the container and let the tea steep for 10-20 minutes. Strain and drink hot or warm. Dosage- 1-2 cups a day.
These are some of very good cough home remedies.
This forms when we take antibiotics. The best way to treat it is through natural home remedies.
1) Take 1 spoon Castor oil and mix in it 1 to 2 spoon ginger powder. Take this at night before going to bed.
2) Take 1/2 spoon of turmeric powder, mix it with 1 spoon of sugar and 1/2 spoon of Ghee. Take this 4-6 times a day.It will cure dry cough.
3) Mix 10-12 fresh basil leaves, 1/2 inch peice of fresh ginger, 1-2 betel leaves and bring them together. Have a teaspoon of this juice with honey, 2-3 times a day for 3-4 days.
4) Pound together a teaspoon of sesame seeds and linseed. Make a decoction with a glass of water, boil and reduce it to half. A teaspoon of filtrate should be taken with a teaspoon of honey twice a day. These seeds have an emollient, demulcent action. They sooth the respiratory passages and clear it.
5) Chronic bronchitis patients should have a teaspoon of raw onion juice every morning, it liquefies blocked, dry phlegm and helps to expectorate it.