In Constipation there are infrequent, irregular or difficult bowel movement which result in the bowel not being emptied of the waste products of digestion.
Home remedies are-
1. Eat lot of raw salads & green vegetables, drink plenty of water but not immediately before or after a meal.
2. Drink a glass of warm water with a spoonful of honey every night before going to sleep. (This may not be good for those who have week bladder)
3. Have glass of warm water with fresh lime in the morning
4. Eat half a cupful of the pulp of a ripe bael fruit and a teaspoon of jaggery every day in the evening before dinner for chronic constipation have this regularly for four to six weeks.
5. Cummins & curry leaf chutney with rice take a handful of dry curry leaves add a teaspoon each of cumin seeds black pepper and dried ginger power and mix them well. Sprinkle it on a half or ¾ of cupful of hot ghee. Add salt to taste mix and pour on well cooked soft boiled rice. This is extremely tasty and nourishing and clears the bowels.
6. Dry figs & almonds are also effective for treating chronic constipation. Soak 2-3 dried figs & almond for couple of hours stone the find, remove the skin of almonds mash them together and have them with honey twice a day.
7. A teaspoon of castor oil thing on Saturday night ensure a regular bowel motion throughout the week. If it is too unpalatable, have it with half a cup of orange juice or milk.
8. Chebulic myrobalan (Harad) or Terminalia chebula fruits crushed 6 numbers, add in that Water and Cinnamon.Take 1 ¼ cup of water to prepare a dedoction by boiling the herb together with 3 grams cinnamon for 10 minutes in a covered pan. Strain & drink in the morning. Dosage ½ cup once a day.
In Hyperacidity and Heartburn the person feels a burning pain in the gullet or chest-a feeling of regurgitation of acidic contents in the stomach. The causes of this are many but the usual culprits are overeating, eating too much spicy, rich and oily food, excessive alcohol consumption or smoking too much.
1) Eating a ripe, mashed banana with a cup of milk in the morning has a strong soothing effect on Hyperacidity and Heartburn and also stomach ulcers.
2) Having a teaspoon of Psyllium husk fiber with 2-3 tablespoon of milk immediately after a meal prevents the reflux.
3) If their is heartburn at other times not just after meals, drink half a cup of fresh sweet orange juice to which a pinch of rock salt is added. This brings immediate relief.
4) A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with buttermilk and pinch of black salt is particularly a soothing drink for heartburn.
5) Mix a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with similar amount of honey, lick it from a spoon now and then 2 to 3 times a day.