Belching, Gas in abdomen ,flatulence are embarrassing problem. It can be caused by swallowing excessive air or is linked to hyper-acidity and heartburn.
Few things to keep in mind if suffering from belching or gas -
1) One spoon coriander powder, quarter spoon garlic paste take this with water two times a day after eating food.
2) Soak 20 Large Sultanas or Currants in water for 2 to 3 hours and than squeeze out water and blend them in a mixer.Add in it Liquorice root powder-1/2 spoon, Gooseberry powder -1/2 spoon, Cumin powder-1/2 spoon, Fennel seed powder-1/2 spoon, Dry ginger powder-1/4 tea spoon, Soda bicarbonate-1 pinch.
Take this 2 to 3 times a day
*Gas in the abdomen, known as wind occurs due to fermentation of food in the intestines giving a bloated feeling, there is ingestion of wrong kind of food and indigestion, the gas expelled is foul smelling.
3) The age old remedy of taking Eno Fruit Salt for it is still applicable. If you do not have it at home, make your own. Too much of it can cause rebound acidity, so do not make it a habit. Mix together half a spoon of cooking soda or baking powder, a tablespoon of fresh lime juice and a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice in a glass of water and drink it.
You can mix half a teaspoon of baking soda and dried ginger powder and have it with hot water before your meal, if you habitually suffer from flatulence (This has high amount of sodium ions, hence is not good for those with hypertension).
4) A teaspoon of turmeric in a glass and salt, drink while still hot gives immediate relief.
5) A infusion of Fennel or chewing a teaspoon of roasted Fennel is a good digestive.
6) Chewing on a small crushed betel leaf with a few drops of honey relieves gas.
7) Infuse the crushed peppermint leaves in boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the strength of the tea required. Strain the infusion and drink between meals. Preparation time-5-10 minutes Dosage-2 to 3 cups 3 to 4 times in a day between meals.